[Caevlist] Used Tesla Experience

Otmar Lists Account forum at evcl.com
Sun Mar 10 22:26:42 PDT 2024

2016 is not a bad year. New enough that the motors are reliable.
Just to verify that Tesla doesn’t think it’s had enough damage to disable supercharging, you can enter a far away destination in the navigation. If it routes you to superchargers then it’s available. If it has a red bar that says “not enough energy to get to destination” then supercharging is disabled and a possibly expensive inspection would be needed to reenable it. (I’ve heard $800 to $2500)

I’d probably check the battery state of health. One way to do that is the plug the car in and in the app slide the slider to full charge while range is set to display in miles. As you slide it the miles should be shown. Or you can use miles remaining and percent to figure out what 100% would be. You can then compare the predicted miles with the original miles rated for the car.

I’d also sit down with the service screen (many videos online on how to activate service mode) and review dignostic codes myself, and check the HV battery page to look for any possible issues.

It does sound like a good deal!

Otmar Ebenhoech

2255 SE Crystal Lake Dr.
Corvallis, OR 97333