[Caevlist] promoting EV charging stations in Corvallis area

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Jan 25 12:35:48 PST 2022

On 1/25/22 12:22 PM, Katalin E Pusztavari wrote:
> OK, I will admit a fast charger in Corvallis would have been handy for
> my friend with a Model Y. He had to drive all the way to Salem, do fast
> charging, then come back to Corvallis, do a bit more charging so that he
> would have enough charge to get back to Newport. Granted, he was hauling
> a trailer and the Y got about 50% of range with it.

We do have the chademo fast charger out at the freeway (by the
A&W/Chevron).  It would be nice to have a supercharger here, but with
ones in Salem and Eugene, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just this weekend, I made two trips to Portland in one day and my old
6kw blink wasn't really much use; I've been thinking about upgrading to
a 10kw charger, but not sure it's really worth the expense when I don't
need it that often, and when I do, I really need even more than that.