[Caevlist] promoting EV charging stations in Corvallis area

Jacob Field jacobtimothyfield at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:43:58 PST 2022

I agree that level 2 chargers at most places won't benefit most EV owners
much, but it would be really nice to have a DCFC station in town.

Probably 50 kW would be enough (though od course more is great) and it
would probably be good if it had both CCS and CHAdeMO as options.

I think businesses that expect their customers to stay around 20-40 minutes
would be perfect locations - but the cost of installing a DC station is
probably pretty off-putting for most places. Restaurants seem like an idea
case to me; in theory the station would attract customers on trips or
people who need a quick charge and bite.

- Jacob