[Caevlist] New around here: introduction

Jacob Field jacobtimothyfield at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:54:16 PST 2021

Here's the PCB from the control box. The perfboard has another 12V relay on
it (CHAdeMO stations are supposed to supply power for the EV's contactors,
but the current rating is only 2A -- as much as one of my EV200 contactors
(With economizers!) draw when turning on. So I powered them instead from
the Think's 12V battery. When I redesign the PCB I'll make it so it's
properly hardware interlocked with the CHAdeMO analog signals again.). I
had to make around 16 mods to this PCB before I got it to work completely.
Just means I learned a lot, right?

The blue module is the Arduino Nano MCU. There is an isolated 5V power
supply, a relay for each contactor and its transistor drive circuitry, some
CAN chips for the CHAdeMO and Think CAN busses, optocouplers for the 12V
CHAdeMO analog signals and a Wakeup signal to the Think's battery, and
various passive components.
[image: 1612497851424.jpg]