[Caevlist] New around here: introduction

Jacob Field jacobtimothyfield at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:42:07 PST 2021

 Sorry if there are an abundance of messages in some people's inboxes.
Tried to send more pictures than the list would let me, and messed up a
couple more times. Hopefully this is the last of it.

Sure thing, Alex. What sort of work have you done on the Thinks?

I kind of took the lazy route with replacing my Think's PCU. Someone had
put the front cable access cover back on with only 3 of its bolts, and when
I opened the PCU up, it had maybe 1/4 inch of water in the bottom... I
didn't want to spend a long time troubleshooting it and trying to repair
it, so I got another PCU from someone who had a few spares, swapped the
main control PCB with the MCU from the waterlogged one to the fresh one,
and put it back in the car. No issues and no need to reprogram the VCU or
PCU at all! It's my daily driver (and only car) now, and I don't feel as
bad modifying it like I would have my other Think, which was pretty
complete.

CHAdeMO on the Think has been a 7ish month project so far. I started
researching it and gathering information in April last year, took a break
for Fall term at OSU, and started again recently. It's the largest project
I've undertaken so far and there's been lots to learn, but it's been pretty
rewarding thus far (and not having to wait 7 hours to go 70 miles will be
pretty nice).

I'll send pictures in all their own messages just to be absolutely sure I
don't trigger the oversized message hold again.

As for V2X, I don't see any mentions of it in the protocol I have... I
think it's something not included in the CHAdeMO standard itself, but the
Leafs had it? Regardless, it would be pretty easy to implement into any DIY
Chademo car. Right now I'm more worried about getting electrons *into* my
car quickly than out of it, so... ;)

Thanks for all the welcomes!
- Jacob Field