[Caevlist] New Oregon registration fees for EVs

pmccabe at alyrica.net pmccabe at alyrica.net
Fri Nov 29 19:22:26 PST 2019

There is the “fourth power” rule which maintains that pavement damage
increases by axle weight to the fourth power.  So road taxes based on
damage should be paid by weight*mile with weight on an exponential scale.
Those logging trucks, which by necessity use secondary roads, need to pay.
Heavy EVs would pay more than lighter ICEs.  Then overlay a carbon tax to
incentivize efficiency.

Relatively generous EV rebates available in Oregon.  It is funded, the
checks the state send cleared.
https://www.oregon.gov/deq/aq/programs/Pages/ZEV-Rebate.aspx

Patrick

market.  https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureAnalysisDocument/40077