[Caevlist] Orion 2 BMS 96 cell

Kirk Swaney - SHIFT Electric Vehicles LLC kirk at SHIFTev.com
Sun Mar 24 20:40:23 PDT 2024

Hi Katalin,I've installed a few Orion BMS2's into custom conversions. I learn a little more each time because it has many features and different integrations use differet features.  Testing all features isn't something I can do. Powering it up in the vehicle or on the bench should be straight forward. In-vehicle would allow visibility to cell voltages if your cell tap harnesses are trustworthy.You can borrow my Orion BMS cell tap harness tester to confirm harnesses are correct before making connections at the BMS.I also have a IO harness that could temporarily  substitute the in-vehicle IO harness for power up test and GUI access. Although the in-vehicle  harness would be better unless you have reason to not trust it.Best,Kirk
-------- Original message --------From: Katalin E Pusztavari <kpusztavari at gmail.com> Date: 3/24/24  6:37 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Corvallis EV CLub <caevlist at caevclub.org> Subject: [Caevlist] Orion 2 BMS 96 cell Hello all, I think we have an Orion 2 BMS (96 cell?) and are trying to test it. It is in a tough to get to spot so to remove it might require removing one of the 2 battery packs in the Arcimoto.Does anyone have experience in this BMS? Or know how to test it?- Kathy_______________________________________________Caevlist mailing listCaevlist at caevclub.orghttp://maillist.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/caevlist