[Caevlist] EV4U workshops

Kirk Swaney - SHIFT Electric Vehicles LLC kirk at SHIFTev.com
Sat Jan 27 21:07:17 PST 2024

Hi Steve,The EV4U workshops are not a bad place to start for on line learning about lightweight budget conversions. I've talked with Richard on the phone. Tried to catch him at his shop near Shasta too, but never met in person. Nice guy.Attend one of the local monthly (usually) meetings and you can see and touch common parts and conversions in process. Some very experienced people usually show up that are happy to help.Go to SHIFTev.com and search "beetle" for an in depth article about the process of converting a VW Beetle with used Tesla batteries and a Netgain Hyper 9 drive system with 240 mile range. Its long, written for those who want to know all the details.Best,Kirk
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Cook <stevecook2011 at gmail.com> Date: 1/26/24  5:40 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: caevlist at caevclub.org Subject: [Caevlist] EV4U workshops Hey,I have been subscribed to this list for some time, but haven't any experience with conversions or attended your meetings. I have been driving EV cars since 2012, and think that I'm perhaps ready to try a conversion in conjunction with my nephew. But we'd need a lot of support. Do any of you have a comment about the EV4U workshops, both in person and online? Or are there better options?Steve