[Caevlist] Leaf 24 kWh to 40 kWh Swap happening soonish

Alex Bessinger ajbessinger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 19:12:41 PST 2024

I've done several LEAF battery upgrades, so it's nothing new for me. It's a
pretty simple swap for sure, but if I can be of any assistance, let me
know! I'm pretty busy getting my new shop set up, but I might be able to
make the trek down there to hang out depending on the day.
The biggest hurdle/issue you'll likely encounter is since the car is a ZE0,
the instrumentation may get a bit wonky (e.g., SoC bars and "guess-o-meter"
may not reflect properly). On a 2013 or newer AZE0, this isn't an issue. I
do know a guy that is a dealer for the EVs Enhanced CAN bridges who can
reprogram the VCM to fix this issue, but usually he does it in conjunction
with the sale of one of the CAN bridges, so I'm not sure if he would do it
as a stand alone service.

Alex Bessinger
QC Charge #2
8750 NE Emerson St