[Caevlist] Cute little EV on Craigslist (2011 Think City)

Christopher Koch jazzjunkie.chris at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:28:20 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I don't want to start a feeding frenzy, but there is a sweet little EV for
sale right now with a worn-out battery I'm thinking about buying (as are a
lot of other people, according to the seller!)

I'm trying to gauge the depth of what I'm getting myself into if I try to
rebuild the battery.
When I was at Arcimoto I was involved with designing their next-generation
battery (sadly that project got scrapped) so maybe I'm too cocksure about
my abilities.

I have a couple thousand 18650s lying around yearning for a purpose, so
there's a lot of hope that I might have what it takes to breathe new life
into this thing but I wanted to put it out there for community comment and
discussion.

Is this a dream project waiting to happen, or is this 2011 EV from a
defunct manufacturer a trap to avoid at all costs?

-Chris Koch