[Caevlist] Think City Charging issues

Kirk Swaney - SHIFT Electric Vehicles LLC kirk at SHIFTev.com
Sun May 7 08:18:31 PDT 2023

Hi Jacob,I've done the same fuse repair and relocation. Getting to them is no minor task. Well done. Did you find one or both of the internal fuses blown?Post service, check resistance across the AC pins at the inlet to confirm the circuit is not open. If it is, hopefully it is an open wire  accessible between the inlet and PCU connector that can be locatedwith a continuity test.On the vehicle I serviced, it blew an external fuse about 1 month after the work. I replaced it, but could never confirm why it blew the original fuse or the external inline fuse used to replace it. It never blew another fuse again after the second time.Best,Kirk
-------- Original message --------From: Jacob Field <jacobtimothyfield at gmail.com> Date: 5/6/23  11:02 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Corvallis EV CLub <Caevlist at caevclub.org> Subject: [Caevlist] Think City Charging issues Hi all,I know some of you have worked on the Think City before. Mine just had the typical symptoms for the PCU fuses being blown, so I took the PCU out and bridged them and moved the fuses to external holders inline with the AC inlet wires (as recommended by John Mayer who used to work on the Thinks quite a bit).Unfortunately, nothing has changed. The car still recognizes it's plugged in, but no charging (and no attempt to charge either it seems, the contactors don't click). I can still turn the car on and drive (with the ~20% battery I have left), so whatever it is is specifically related to the charger or charging circuits. Any advice, thoughts, or experience? It looks like I might be able to source a replacement charger online, but if not I might be looking into frankensteining a charger module from another vehicle into the Think. Thanks all!- Jacob Field