[Caevlist] Think City Charging issues

Jacob Field jacobtimothyfield at gmail.com
Sat May 6 23:02:31 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I know some of you have worked on the Think City before. Mine just had the
typical symptoms for the PCU fuses being blown, so I took the PCU out and
bridged them and moved the fuses to external holders inline with the AC
inlet wires (as recommended by John Mayer who used to work on the Thinks
quite a bit).

Unfortunately, nothing has changed. The car still recognizes it's plugged
in, but no charging (and no attempt to charge either it seems, the
contactors don't click). I can still turn the car on and drive (with the
~20% battery I have left), so whatever it is is specifically related to the
charger or charging circuits.

Any advice, thoughts, or experience? It looks like I might be able to
source a replacement charger online, but if not I might be looking into
frankensteining a charger module from another vehicle into the Think.

Thanks all!
- Jacob Field