[Caevlist] 165vdc to 110vac inverter

Craig Hudson craighudson150 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 09:52:29 PDT 2021

FORD is promoting their 2022 F150 "Lightning" as a backup battery source or
job site power source ....
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1132334_ford-f-150-lightning-home-backup-power-what-tesla-powerwall

And VW is saying all future EVs will have bi-diretional charging:
https://electrek.co/2021/04/06/vw-electric-vehicles-bi-directional-charging-next-year/

Similar to you, I have 145VDC with 16kWatts sitting idle in my garage when
the grid goes down.  I have not found anything COTS to provide 240VAC for
running my well water pump from my EV.   It sure seems like the solar
industry is closest to the DC to AC market...  but they like grid-tied any
typically have 24 or 48VDC battery systems.  Here are a couple of
thoughts but not a solution.  I would love to hear from the gang on some
smart ideas...

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/product-inverter/4000w-24vdc-pure-sine-inverter-charger-ms-paes
limited to 24DC battery with 4000W output
<https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/product-inverter/4000w-24vdc-pure-sine-inverter-charger-ms-pae>
https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=ISI-501  This is
limited to 48VDC max with 500W output

I have a SunnyBoy inverter on my solar array and it can generate 2k watts
when the grid goes down (limited to 120VAC).   Maybe there is a hack to
their secure power feature...
https://www.sma-america.com/newsroom/current-news/news-details/news/3937-sma-introduces-new-and-improved-sunny-boy-us-inverters.html
<https://www.sma-america.com/newsroom/current-news/news-details/news/3937-sma-introduces-new-and-improved-sunny-boy-us-inverters.html>
This can provide 2 kwatts at 120VAC in "secure power" mode.

*Craig Hudson*              *Mobile     *503-798-6952
86 Fiero  with 16kW CALB