[Caevlist] CALB cells and BMS available...

Paul Wallace ianaudio at peak.org
Thu Feb 4 18:58:35 PST 2021

I’ve removed the 100 SE100AHA CALB cells and the Elithion Pro BMS from my truck in anticipation of upgrading to Tesla S modules in the near future.  This means that the cells and BMS are available for someone who would like to use them in another project.

Cell history:
I purchased the cells and the BMS in 2010.  Be aware that these are the earlier CALB chemistry, but they have served me well.  There are at least 2 cells in the bunch which will not hold a charge.  21 of the cells were replaced with NOS cells purchased from EVTV and another source in the last 2 years.  The BMS is very good and currently all the cells in the group of 100 have BMS cell boards attached.

The BMS works well and I can help with setting it up in a new project.

I’m selling the BMS for $300 and since the cell boards are attached to the cells, the cells come along in the deal.

Cells are blocked in groups of 5 and then combined into larger groups of 10, so 10 groups of 10 is how the BMS is configured.  There is one spare set of BMS end boards and 2 spare intermediate boards, just in case there is a connection accident.  You would need to order new connectors for the BMS interconnect, but they are readily available.

The total cell weight is about 750 pounds and I have no way to deliver them since my truck is now not operational.  I charged the entire pack before I took the cells out of the battery box.  I also have test equipment I can loan out so that you can sort the cells based on capacity if necessary.
One other interesting item of note is that EVTV has a limited number of these cells of the same vintage for sale still at about $160 each.

Regards,
Paul Wallace