[Caevlist] I need a little help cutting a large aluminum angle....

Paul Wallace ianaudio at peak.org
Sun Sep 27 15:30:04 PDT 2020

I’ve got a piece of 3.5” equal angle that I need to cut, but my Milwaukee portable electric hacksaw throat opening is about 1/8” too small to manage it.

Does anyone have a saw of some configuration which has enough depth to cut this piece of aluminum?  It is 6061-T6 and it is 1/4” thick.  I’m thinking something like a stationary powered hacksaw, or possibly a 10” chop saw or table saw with a carbide blade.

Thanks,
Paul Wallace