[Caevlist] Tesla Module Fire

gburket at peak.org gburket at peak.org
Sat Nov 24 12:05:11 PST 2018

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the info on the LTO batteries. Unfortunately, the LTOs have only ~1/3 the energy density of the Tesla and other comparable batteries. For the long range(200-250 miles) touring motorcycle I'm designing and building, the weight of the LTO batteries needed would be impractical. As it is, the weight of the Tesla batteries needed for this kind of range as I calculate it, would be ~350lbs. Also, with the Tesla modules, it would be really be pushing the design limits volume and weight distribution wise.

These batteries, with their great calendar and cycle lives, do look like they would be excellent for stationary storage systems.

Thank you again, Glenn