[Caevlist] Enjoy flexible Electric Vehicle related work?

Kirk at ShiftEV kirk at shiftev.com
Mon Aug 25 12:37:29 PDT 2014

Dear Corvallis Area EV Club list,

Would you, or someone you know enjoy flexible Electric Vehicle related work?
I have sent you this e-mail because most of you are local. I'm hoping you
can help find a good fit for the position described below.

SHIFT EV has been offering parts to efficiency EV competition builders since
1999. Since then, design & fabrication services was added for full sized
conversions to electric power (mainly custom sports cars). We've also
provided moderate training and consulting to EV & kit car manufacturers. We
are creating opportunities to employ higher level expertise on a
project-by-project basis too. However, much of my time goes to planning and
providing service, so help with order processing is really needed. The
primary person who has provided order processing is moving on soon. So it
would be ideal to get someone new in place before the school season orders
pick-up.

Environment:

Low-stress, small shop environment of five really cool, fun, part-time
people with a strong interest in Electric propulsion. Often fewer people are
present at any given time. Some of the benefits you might enjoy are the use
of shop space & tools and buying parts at cost for your own pursuits.
Perhaps bring new skills, and/or come and learn some. Currently, we're
located in North Albany.

Routine activities for the order processing role:

.         A mix of office computer work and unassisted physical movement of
parts and boxes.

.         Review pass-down log, check shop voicemail, e-mail & snail mail
(for new orders, customer questions, etc.,.).

.         Run a report to determine if inventory purchases are needed and
order parts/quantities specified by report.

.         Receive new packages by confirming what's ordered has actually
arrived and then update our inventory tracking system, label parts and put
them away.

.         Ship customer orders (based on a report & part# pick-list). Most
shipping is through UPS, some is by freight.

.         Invoice customers (if not paid in advance) when their parts ship.
Usually e-mailed.

.         On late customer payments, confirm customer received Invoice & has
all details needed.

.         Review all open orders to SHIFT EV vendors for supplies (in step 2
above) to watch for unexpected delays and address any issues observed by
contacting the supplier.

.         Follow-up with customers on web-generated estimates that are older
than 10 days (which haven't turned into an order). Contact customer to offer
help.

The experience and skills below are important for order processing, but keep
in mind, much of this role is trainable.

.         Good communication (phone and face-to-face with customers and
suppliers).

.         Shop phone (a smart phone) is used for text, call history review,
voice mail, calling in & out, etc.,.

.         Windows 7, and common Microsoft applications.

.         Competent internet user. Experience with safely buying on the
internet is important.

.         Understanding of bookkeeping/inventory practices is helpful. We
use QuickBooks Manufacturing & Wholesale. This role is primarily data entry
and otherwise requires limited use of it.

.         Interest/experience with Electric Propulsion of any size or type.

At this time, order processing is the core need. If interested, there are
other opportunities for a multi-talented person to also assist with or grow
into. Such as marketing, fabrication, IT, etc.,.

Pay & benefits are negotiable.

Kirk Swaney

 <http://www.shiftev.com/> www.shiftEV.com

P 541.760.1895  -  F 815.550.1168