[Caevlist] Used Tesla Experience

Alex Bessinger ajbessinger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:38:59 PDT 2024

Not all Model S have an automatic opening hatch, that option was part of
the "tech package", so that could be the case. Mine also doesn't have it,
which also means no fog lights, no ambient lighting, and black instead of
chrome trim on rear bumper and front condenser grilles along with a few
other things. It may just have a latch that's starting to have issues. Not
terribly uncommon, but I would try to address it before it fails (trunk
will have to be manually unlatched from the inside if the electric latch
stops working).
IIRC, a brand new charge port is probably a little over $400, and I would
probably charge an hour of labor to replace it. There may be some savings
in a used part if a good one can be sourced. It's also possible that there
might not be a problem with the charge port itself, but just the charge
port door, which is a much cheaper part (I've had to do both on my car).

Alex Bessinger
QC Charge #2
8750 NE Emerson St.
Portland OR, 97220