[Caevlist] FrankenBike

Rick King kingrj at peak.org
Wed Jul 26 12:31:25 PDT 2023

Long time member/lurker of the Caevlist and well it's finally time to start simplifying my life and begin paring down my all too many hobbies. I'm initially selecting my custom electric motorbike which started life as an early (2009) Zero motocross motorcycle. I still have the original battery pack in 12s8p configuration but last I checked had about 3 cells (Molicell) that were degrading. I replaced the battery pack with 16 new LiFePO4 cells (48V 2.1 kWh GBS 40Ah), BMS, controller along with custom fabricated aluminum battery cases. It's been alot of fun both from a riding and engineering challenge.

Ideally I would like to see it used for educational purposes such as a high school EV program. I've lost touch my most of my secondary education contacts here locally in the Valley but several educators in the PDX area told me that if I donated to programs they were familiar with the students would inevitably, strip the motor, batteries, controller etc. and leave the rest as a wasted hulk.

Since I don't want that to happen given all the time and effort put into it I was hoping that there may be a more focused market here. If any of you know of any such arrangement, I would be appreciative. Included would be the original body parts, battery packs, QuiQ 912-4800-03 battery charger, Lite Power Solutions PCF48-15 Lithium Charger, miscellaneous relays, resistors, center stand etc. I also have schematics, diagrams and other "stuff" if any of it would be of any utility. I can also assist with any technical questions post donation.

At the very least if not useful as a vocational tool then perhaps a "parent/child teaching bonding instrument". Finally, if there are not any altruistic inclinations out there, I guess I'm open to creative trades.
Link to Pictures - https://photos.app.goo.gl/TpDF745sZZZifD6i6

Thanks,
Rick