[Caevlist] Is that really a unique inverter?

Glenn Burket gburket at peak.org
Sun Aug 27 09:53:12 PDT 2023

Hi Patrick,

As another possible power conversion option, some of the older Tripp lite UPSes have nominal 240VDC(20, 12V batteries) battery systems: https://assets.tripplite.com/product-pdfs/en/su6000rt3uhv.pdf As I recall, the maximum voltage is within your voltage range. What is your Hybrid that has a 270-290VDC battery system?
Newer model Tripp lite UPSes have, in their HV battery configuration, a nominal 192VDC(16, 12V batteries) battery system. They probably also have a much lower standby power usage than the older ones.
Also, I have had good luck making custom muffler systems to quiet down ICE generators. You still have to contend with the mechanical noises from the gears and reciprocating parts inside the engine. Some kind of safe and well designed enclosure, like most commercial standby generators have, is one way of dealing with these noises.

Glenn