[Caevlist] RYOBI Electric Riding Lawn Mower RM48e battery replacement/upgrade

pmccabe at alyrica.net pmccabe at alyrica.net
Mon Jun 13 11:07:45 PDT 2022

RYOBI Electric Riding Lawn Mower RM48e battery replacement/upgrade

Has anyone replaced their  RYOBI 75Ah (LPC12-75) or 100Ah (LPC12-100)
batteries with LiFePO4 equivalents?  Hoping someone could recommend a
specific make/retailer etc.

I’m currently away from the tractor so I’m gaming my options.  One
reasonable situation with my batteries (75Ah with 80 hard hours) is one
or more of the four is bad and needs replacement.  In this situation I
was considering the advisability of a mixed pack!  I know default answer
is bad idea.  But cheapness is the mother of potentially functional
solutions.  If only one of the SLA batteries is bad I replace it with a
LiFePO4 which will have an internal BMS and is charged at 14.2 to 14.6V
(assuming the Ryobi charger is near that range, again I’m 3000 mile from
it).  I figure a potential worst case is any pack imbalance is bad for
the SLA batteries and less so for the LiFePO4 (maybe? Advise!)…you can
see I’m bargaining against buying 4 LiFePO4s!  A downside of this is one
would probably want to frequently check the capacity of the remaining
SLA batteries…which is kind of a nuisance with this mower.  I may be
making a good argument for bitting the bullet and replacing all of the
damn SLAs. Four new LiFePO4 batteries would make for a great pack if an
expensive one.

So any recommendations on good LiFePO4?  Thanks.

Patrick McCabe