[Caevlist] promoting EV charging stations in Corvallis area

Paul Wallace ianaudio at peak.org
Tue Jan 25 17:38:33 PST 2022

Alan,
do you mean 80amp EVSE?  Remember these are essentially L2 EVSE.  Your vehicle needs an on board charger capable of delivering the wattage to the battery.  Dual Charger Tesla S and X can use all the power.  Later versions not so much and certainly any of the other brands using a tesla to J1772 adapter can't take advantage of the extra power since their on board chargers usually top out at around 6.6kw.

Paul Wallace