[Caevlist] 4/6/22 at 7PM EV Mtg is NOT at SHIFT EV

Kirk Swaney - SHIFT Electric Vehicles LLC kirk at SHIFTev.com
Sun Apr 3 15:54:33 PDT 2022

 Hello,The April meeting is NOT at  at SHIFT EV this Wednesday. But it could happen somewhere else.If you are interested in hosting it, edit the last months invitation (below for reference) to make it your own, then email it to caevlist at caevclub.org. If someon sends an April 6th invitation, I'll post a print in the shop window for people who are not on this list.Kirk Swaney
-------- Original message --------From: kirk at SHIFTev.com Date: 3/1/22  6:59 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: caevlist <caevlist at caevclub.org> Subject: 3/2/22 at 7PM EV Club at SHIFT EV

   Hello!

      All are welcome to these casual monthly EV enthusiast meetings, where beginners to experts can openly share electric vehicle projects, learn and/or help others.

      Meeting Location:
           SHIFT Electric Vehicles

            127 Second Ave. SE

            Albany, OR 97321

      Attractions:

      1970 VW Beetle convertible, being converted to electric with an estimated 200+ mile range. See the blog, updated weekly.
      1959 VW pickup (a shorty), being converted to electric.
      1966 VW bus (a shorty), being converted to electric.
      The long-awaited (back-ordered) HPEVs motors for the 59VW and 56VW have arrived. Now there seems to be a shortage of transmission adapter kits between the two commonly known options (CANev and EV West). Show up to get the whole story. Now we're exploring transmission shaft adapter possibilities for the bus and truck. We'll have some good show and tell parts if you're curious about this topic.
      Our latest iteration of custom TESLA S battery module enclosures. They'll fit 14 modules neatly into a Porsche 914 for an estimated 230-mile range.

      If you have an interesting vehicle, parts, or a project to bring or share about, feel free to reply-to-all to describe it.

       Charging options:

       J1772 charging is available at SHIFT EV
       DCFC charging (CCS and ChaDeMo) is within walking distance at 180 Ferry St (parking lot)  https://www.plugshare.com/location/341931

      These gatherings are usually on the first Wednesday of the month at 7 PM. The day, time, and location will occasionally change depending on who's hosting. Gatherings are often confirmed and communicated with only a few days' notice. We communicate all meeting details through this mail list, a posting on our shop door, and sometimes Facebook, or other ways. Feel free to forward this invitation to others interested.

      Add or remove yourself to the mail list here:

      https://www.tinyurl.com/Local-EV-Enthusiasts

      Kirk Swaney

      SHIFT EVS H I F T  Electric Vehicles

      541-760-1895