[Caevlist] 165vdc to 110vac inverter

Otmar forum at evcl.com
Mon Nov 1 12:01:15 PDT 2021

Here is an interesting inverter. It offers 3 DC inputs of 10A each, from 100V to 550V so at lower voltages the 30A may end up being a power limit.
It seems to do grid forming (stand alone inverter running without a grid connection) on a split phase 120/240V system which might be quite handy for houses with well pumps and other high loads.
The small one is listed online at about $1100.
I assume that it may  need some CAN communication to let it think it has a proper battery attached, but I have not gone into the details yet.

https://files.sma.de/downloads/SBSXX-US-DS-en-20.pdf?_ga=2.220186265.1648348957.1635792244-1395958613.1635792241

https://thepowerstore.com/sma-sunny-boy-3-8-us-standard-with-integrated-dc-disco-3-mppt-afci-208-240vac-sunspec-rapid-shutdown-compliant-sku-part-number-sb3.8-1sp-us-41.html

-Otmar, on mobile device.

-Otmar, on mobile device.