[Caevlist] ISO a HV charger

Paul Wallace ianaudio at peak.org
Thu Mar 18 07:09:27 PDT 2021

Alex,
I’m using one of the Elcon UHF CAN controlled water cooled hmm series. They make a very nice 6.6kw unit which spans an output voltage range of about 100 to 440vdc. Orion BMS2 supports them directly. It seems able to maintain maximum output power until the BMS throttles it back for end of charge, something my Manzanita PFC40wc could never do. They are IP67 rated and fully isolated and work much better with level 2 public charging stations. With this much output voltage range, it could be the only onboard charger you will ever need.
Regards,
Paul Wallace