[Caevlist] letting go of my Insight conversion

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Fri Jul 31 11:44:45 PDT 2020

It is with great sadness that I must find a new home for my Honda Insight
conversion. After 8 years as my daily driver and many great memories, it has
languished in my driveway since the Leaf came out, only making occasional
parades and car shows.

It still works just fine to the best of my knowledge. I have just recycled
the 200V 10 KWH batteries that I made from early power tools.

That said, I never did add the fuel gauge and battery management
hardware-but I have all the parts.

My first choice would be to give the car to someone who would like to add a
new battery and keep it as a running EV.

Failing that, I would sell/give parts to the best offer for the components,
and donate the car to a charity for the parts. I also have the original
engine (only 12000 miles on it) and the tailpipe/muffler/catalytic converter
all intact and ready to bolt on a working gas Insight. (I'll probably donate
those with the car if they will take them that way).

The EV components include:

              Rich Rudman's PFC30 charger, with 8 8-cell regulator boards,
fans, and connectors, and other hardware to make it work with the charger.

              Liquid heater that runs on high voltage DC.

              Of course, there is the Siemens motor and controller and an
old laptop with the software to configure it. (Set for 200V now).

              Throttle pot.

Gary