[Caevlist] [Oeva-list] Dead Leaf

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Thu Mar 21 19:37:08 PDT 2019

Took the Leaf into the local dealer today, and they finished charging
the battery and then found nothing wrong.  Oh well, guess I'll get one
of those portable jump starters "just in case".

When I got home, I checked it on leaf spy before I turned the car off
and found it drawing about 1/4A.  Then I turned the car off and it shot
up to 7A and then dropped down in the 3A range after a few seconds.  Not
sure what that's about, but presumably shuts down when the car actually
shuts down.

I've left the dongle in before for days with no problems, but even
though it wasn't plugged in for this event, I'll probably not leave it
in again...