[Caevlist] tesla over 40fth bank

ken at peakfoto.com ken at peakfoto.com
Mon Jul 29 21:53:54 PDT 2019

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/tesla-model-3-destroyed-after-falling-40-feet-down-oregon-embankment/
Tesla Model 3 Destroyed After Falling 40 Feet Down Oregon Embankment
July 24, 2019  Brad Anderson

[image
https://images.carscoops.com/2019/07/9b0af9e6-tesla-model-3-crash.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/IwbyKsES3dY
Police: Tesla falls down 40-foot embankment, crashes in SW Portland
playground area after driver
]

A Tesla Model 3 has been destroyed after falling down a 40-foot
embankment
in southwest Portland, Oregon.

KPTV Fox 12 Oregon reports that the driver of the electric vehicle may
have
suffered some kind of medical emergency, possibly a seizure, before the
Tesla plummeted off the edge of an embankment and crashed down into the
outdoor play area of a children’s day care center.

According to local media, those who witnessed the crash quickly came to
the
aid of the man, helping him out of the vehicle. Remarkably, he didn’t
suffer
any serious injuries. What’s also particularly fortunate is that the
crash
occurred early in the morning before any children were at the day care
facility. If the crash occurred later in the day, there could have been
multiple fatalities ...

“Just the thought of it being, you know, right where I see kids every
day,
running and screaming and laughing and waving to their parents as their
parents walk by to pick them up,” a local said. “You know, I’m so
grateful
that this happened before the kids were out here playing because that
would
have been devastating and I’m thankful that everybody seems to be okay.”

A small fire within the Tesla’s powertrain broke out as a tow company
was
trying to remove the vehicle from its precarious position resting on its
side. This fire was quickly contained and footage shows that the Model 3
suffered extensive damage from the fall, including a smashed windshield
and
crumpled front end.