[Caevlist] ? on 2011 Nissan Leaf brake firmware upgrade

Matt Bierek mattb at reliancecm.com
Fri Apr 26 08:42:19 PDT 2019

Kirk,

When you find out anything please post it for us.

My 2011 has had this issue since it was new and the shop has never
come forward with any solution. The “grabby” is also referred to as
“snatchy” on some forums. The general consensus seems to point
to an issue with the switchover between regen and service braking
being too abrupt.

The other, and more frightening, issue is that there are times when
I will be sitting in park with the brake pedal pressed, then switch to
drive and the car will begin moving even while the pedal is under
pressure. I have to let off all the way then push again to get it to
stop. When I am in the driveway I have to react quickly to avoid
having to replace my garage door!

Matt Bierek