[Caevlist] Newport Trip Report & AV Update

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun Mar 18 18:03:25 PDT 2018

With a 125 mile range, I figured I could make it out to Newport and back
without recharging, and that seemed like a good excuse for some Mo's
Clam Chowder ;-)

Indeed, I made it out there with 62% left, but stopped at the AV charger
- I figured I'd make an attempt, let it error out, then call them and
see if I could get an update.  I didn't even think to use my no-charge
card as I'm in the habit of "AV - Plugshare and pay", and I've had so
much trouble getting it setup (though, ironically, AV was the one it
worked with).  So, of course, the AV charger happily started charging.
I stopped it after 1kWh as part of the point of the trip was to see how
it went *without* charging, making it a very expensive kWh, but not too
much to see that they seem to have fixed the problem with the 2018 Leafs.

Indeed, I made it back home with 20ish% (Leaf Spy says 32%, but it also
says my odometer is 419 when the car says 675?!?).