[Caevlist] 2018 Leaf - First Trip Report

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun Mar 11 18:50:57 PDT 2018

On 3/11/18 4:46 PM, Charles Bonville wrote:

> I suspect the new car rides smoother largely because it has brand new
> shocks/struts, and maybe some extra mass in the pack.  :-)
> Maybe the wheelbase is a touch longer?

I think the latter is probably true; the old Leaf was only 2 years old,
so I doubt the shocks were worn much.  In comparison to my 16 year old
RAV4, maybe ;-)  Surprisingly, I don't think the pack does weigh more,
as the manual says it's 670lbs; interesting that it's 2 kilos heavier in
Canada...

High-voltage battery weight
US: 668.1 lbs (303 kg)
Canada: 672.5 lbs (305 kg)