[Caevlist] I'm about to be smart metered....

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Mon Mar 5 20:57:54 PST 2018

On 3/5/18 8:07 PM, Paul Wallace wrote:
> Has anyone had issues with smart meters giving bad data while using EV chargers?  Pacific Power is about to ‘upgrade’ our electronic meters to smart meters.  I figure since the meter is already electronic, but not meshed, I shouldn’t see any shift in my normal power readings.  It appears that all the electronic meters are particularly sensitive to bad power factor.

I think I got a smart meter (it has a digital display anyhow) when I put
in my solar panels just over 4 years ago, and I didn't notice any change
other than using a lot less power from the power company ;-)  Though
actually, since they went online in December, there wasn't much of a
change for a few months until the sun came back.