[Caevlist] Nissan Leaf Level 1 charger tripping GFI

Bruce Hecht brucehe at peak.org
Sun Dec 16 19:57:44 PST 2018

The new breakers are GFCI only, no arc fault protection.

Each duplex receptacle is fed by its own 20 amp GFCI breaker.

Good to know there is some GFCI protection in the EVSE, I guess that is why there is a fault light. There is no reset on the EVSE I can see so I guess if there is a fault the light stays on until the fault clears. Also good to know I can do a 220 V outlet without GFCI in case I decide to have my EVSE modified to 220V.

At this point I think I will change out the GFCI.

Thanks!

Bruce