[Caevlist] 2008 Miles parts or repair

Bruce Hecht brucehe at peak.org
Sun Jun 19 10:10:36 PDT 2016

Pics: https://goo.gl/photos/HTHACQEw7ePDTjUP8

Hello all,

I have a 2008 Miles ZX40S 4 door van that I purchased in 2010. My wife has
used it for the past 6 years putting on about 2500 miles per year.

At the start of 2013 with the overview I changed the battery back from 600
lbs of lead acid to 24 100AH Gray CALBS with an Elithion Lite BMS. The
conversion is clean with battery heaters and all interlocks working.

The car has run good after the Lithium replacement unit it died a few months
ago. I troubleshot the problem to the Curtis 1238 controller. I had Kirk
Sweeney verify and we hence sent it out to be rebuilt. On return of the
rebuilt it did not light up. We sent it back to the rebuilder and they
claimed the car damaged it. We since got another rebuild and have tested it
outside of the car. It is good. We are hesitant to install.

At this point I had the opportunity to purchase 50% share of a 2013 Leaf SV
that just came off lease.

Bottom line, I don't need the Miles.  It could be repaired or the parts
could be used. Here are the parts that I think would be useful.

.         24 100 AH Gray CALB batteries strapped in (2) 12 packs with bus
bars and BMS communication boards installed. Batteries were all load test
before installation. New $3000

.         Elitihion Lite BMS with USB interface, current sensor and
interlock hardware, SOC meter.  New  $500

.         Curtis 1238-1681 72 Volt controller newly rebuilt New $1000

.         Delta Q QuiQ 72 volt 12 amp charger - with interface relay to BMS
New $500

.         AC motor - 3 phase 7.5 kw rated power.  Have no idea if this is
worth anything.

.         I replaced the DC to DC

.         It has a cute vacuum pump

I want it taken away as a unit. We can help with trailering if needed. I can
send more photos if needed,

I would take $3,000 for it all.

Bruce

---