[Caevlist] You have seen the future

Otmar Ebenhoech Otlist09 at evcl.com
Fri Apr 1 16:58:25 PDT 2016

This would be such a cool idea! if it were remotely true.

The Tesla does not have a separate discreet chassis, it’s all a tightly welded and bonded unibody. But, that doesn’t mean it can’t get close to that with judicious use of a sawzall :-) I’ve contemplated a fiberglass kit of an enlarged old 23 window VW Kombi might be a real popular kit for the S or X chassis.

For a good view of the Model ≣ have a look starting at minute 10 of this video, set to 1080p for best details. I spent some time going over it, and I’m looking forward to when these can be bought at salvage auctions. :-)

https://youtu.be/Q4VGQPk2Dl8?t=9m50s <https://youtu.be/Q4VGQPk2Dl8?t=9m50s>

-Otmar
Otlist09 at evcl.com