[Caevlist] April Meeting and Curtis 1238-6501 Controller Show and Tell

gburket at peak.org gburket at peak.org
Fri Apr 3 17:36:01 PDT 2015

If there's a meeting this mo, and if people are interested, I have a Curtis 1238-6501 controller to show folks. A customer sent it to me to have it dissembled after it was fried in a over voltage incident. I managed to get it apart with some custom made tools, and the insides are intact enough to be interesting.

The Curtis 1236/1238 controllers are designed to run EV induction motors up to ~150Volts and 650Amps( as I recall) in motorcycles,small cars, boats, and other vehicles. I can't remember if anyone in the club is using one in their EV.

Glenn