[Caevlist] “Community Cruise-In” (EV's welcome!)

Kirk at ShiftEV kirk at shiftev.com
Mon Jun 16 14:06:36 PDT 2014

Hi Folks,

Please see Ken’s invitation & contact details below, regarding an EV friendly car-show.

Forward as you wish.

Kirk Swaney

 <http://www.shiftev.com/> www.shiftEV.com

P 541.760.1895  -  F 815.550.1168

s5_seg_logo-inverted-enlarged

Dear Electric Car Owners,

July 19th we have a Family Cruise-In from 12:00 to 4:00 PM on Market Street in Salem.  The entrance is free and the BBQ is both good and inexpensive.  This is either the 12th or 13th year we have been doing it and each year it has been growing in curiosity value.  We are getting more  and more people just coming to check things out who are not showing themselves.  Last year we had 84 vehicles.

This year I’m reaching out to electric owners specifically because it is what the younger generations are looking for.  It is also the direction things are moving.  We want to keep up with the times, attract our younger forward looking generations and give people the ability to see the cars and talk to the people who are part of this movement.

As this show is part of the “gear head” culture, we are looking for people with cars that would be considered (high end: fast, well-engineered and shiny) or (rat-rod: fast or unique, highly engineered and home-spun). And of course “classics”. Petroleum addicted gear heads are very accepting of “those guys” when your vehicle falls into one of those categories.

Please check  <http://www.plugshare.com/> http://www.plugshare.com/ if you will need to charge on the way to/from the event. The event facility has one plug available for charging (120V/15A). It’s probably best reserved for an emergency/opportunity charge.

Please contact me in advance if you would like to come join us.  I will buy BBQ for any Electric driver who comes.  We are also looking to put an electric and its driver in our key show position this year and I’d like to work out in advance who we might put there with the guy in charge.

We are listed in the NW Car Events Calendar.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 “Community Cruise-In”
12:00 to 4:00 PM
1550 Market St NE, Salem, OR 97301

Sincerely,
Ken Wolfert