[Caevlist] National Plug-In Day 2013

Charles Bonville charlesbonville at comcast.net
Sat Sep 21 21:03:54 PDT 2013

Hello again...

Earlier today I realized that OSU has a home game, playing Colorado, beginning at noon on 28 September .

With the Fall Festival boasting of 30K to 35K attendance each year... and the football game potentially bringing up to 45K people to Reser, I find myself asking:

a. Am I crazy to even think of going into Corvallis on that day at any time between 10 AM and 4 PM?
b. Given the festivities of the day, and the rush that most people will be in after struggling to find a parking space... are we likely to find anyone that wants to talk about EVs? Can we get any mindshare in that environment?

If building public awareness is the goal, maybe setting up a line of EV's next to a National Plug-In Day banner along Highway 34 Bypass would accomplish far more than gathering in a parking lot.... but the Troopers might well frown on a gathering along the highway, and maybe it would be too dangerous to do for hours on end.

I've just about talked myself out of trying to have an event in Corvallis... or at least the notion of an event on Saturday.

Maybe Sunday afternoon (Sept. 29) would be more relaxed and productive?

Share your thoughts, please.

Thanks,
Charles