[Caevlist] Participation in July Fourth Parade

WALTER J EAGER eagerwj at centurylink.net
Thu Jun 27 09:57:31 PDT 2013

You will be interested to know that Alan Batie will respond to ODOT's invitation by driving his Leaf in the Redmond Fourth of July Parade. Our fearless pioneer has driven over the Cascades several times to such locations as Sisters and Madras. Alan recommends the Corvallis-Springfield-McKenzie Pass route to Sisters. It requires just one full recharge in Rainbow, Oregon, which could be made during a lunch break. Seattle and the Oregon-California border are other "mountains" that Alan has conquered while driving the speed limit. I'm a piker. I have done Portland several times and Newport once. Long distances are getting to be a snap with Level 1 charger availability expanding in many directions.

Concerning the Corvallis July Fourth Parade, already there are three Leaf owners who have enthusiastically volunteered to exhibit their vehicles. Formation is at 9:30 a.m. and the parade will end by 10:30. We do want more Leafs and all other brands of electric vehicles in our our entry. Please contact me on ( 541) 753-5837 or at eagerwj at centurylink.net to volunteer and receive the details. "Uncle Sam Does Want You and You and ...". Help us "Declare Independence from Fossil Fuels" on this historic day.

If you know other Leaf or other brand EV owners, please forward this message to them.

Thanks,
Walt