[Caevlist] Corvallis Area EV Club Meeting: 7pm on Tuesday 4/2/2013

Kirk at ShiftEV kirk at shiftev.com
Mon Apr 1 13:03:56 PDT 2013

The April meeting EV Club meeting is tomorrow,  7pm (Tuesday 4/2/2013) at
Otmar's shop. Newcomers & friends are welcome. If you are new to the meeting
and don't yet have a name tag, please pmail Otmar in advance.

Meeting Location:

Otmar's shop at 2255 SE Crystal Lake Dr, 97333. It's the big red garage
behind the abandoned looking house. The entrance has solar lights around the
"car eating ditch" at the road, hopefully that will help everyone get out
safely after dark. If you bring your EV please park inside the shop if there
is room for show and tell. Plenty of overflow parking for the non-electric
vehicles is available in the main driveway and the next two driveways to the
south which have no residents.  Charging is available: 115V, 14-50's and
J1772 at 32A. Also a 100A tap for anyone who wants to charge really fast but
you have to bring your own socket.

Here's what I'll be bringing to this meeting.

*The electric Honda Del Sol I've been fixing up has a new "control arm"
which I swiped from another car. But the control arm now used as an
"anti-torque arm" for the motor/transmission assembly. It took about an hour
to install and it completely eliminated the jerkey-ness from low RPM torque
take-offs which the stock rubber mounts allowed.

* Many of us are familiar with the Curtis/Albright SW200 main contactors
used for 1000A systems and smaller. But for higher power systems it's
undersized for the job. I'll bring a compact main contactor (GIGAVAC
GX16BEB) for show and tell which has been gaining popularity. This one is
going into the Porsche 911 Carrera project. The GX16 is said to be great for
the 2000A systems, displacing the more expensive $1500 "Buba Contactor" for
half the price.  I also have the latest NetGain Warp9 motor at my shop if
anyone is interested in seeing the brush housing improvements some other
time - but I won't be bringing the motor to the meeting.

If anyone has something interesting to bring or request, please reply to the
list and share.

-Kirk Swaney